Sunderland City Council’s Weight Management programme is now available and we would like to work with Health Professionals and community partners to help promote the programme to residents who meet the criteria.
We offer a free 26-week programme designed to provide support to residents around weight management, physical activity, healthy food choices and wellbeing. It is tailored to meet individual needs, and to support residents to make positive and long-lasting changes to their health.
As part of the programme, residents will receive support via:
- One-to-one appointments every 6 weeks
- Weekly drop-in group sessions
- Regular weekly email newsletters on a range of health and wellbeing topics
- Dedicated YouTube channel with videos on nutrition and home workouts
The programme will be delivered in 3 locations across the city
Houghton Sports & Wellness Centre
Houghton le Spring
Tel: 07383 532424
Pallion Action Group
5 East Moor
Tel: 07387 53159
Washington Millennium Centre
Tel: 07765 425726
Criteria and Important Information
- Must be a Sunderland resident
- Aged 18+
- Have a qualifying Body Mass Index of 30+ (27.5 for ethnic groups)
- The programme is not suitable for pregnant women.
- The programme is self-referral only, the referral should not be made by a Health
Professional or Community Partner.
If someone is interested in joining the programme, they can:
- Visit www.sunderland.gov.uk/weightmanagement and complete the online registration form
- Email us at [email protected]
- Contact the number of the centre they would prefer to attend .
We know many of you have already been in touch regarding the programme so we’re very pleased to be operational once again. We look forward to working in partnership with you to support residents across the city on their health and wellbeing journey.
If you have any questions regarding the programme, please contact us as [email protected]